1. This butterfly, the ________ Hairstreak, is an official emblem of Wyoming
2. The state butterfly of Kentucky shares its name with a synonym for "governor"
3. The state butterfly of Oklahoma is the Black _______ (Hint: it has a tail like that of a bird)
4. New Hampshire chose the ______ Blue as its representative butterfly.
5. The Colorado ________ is the emblem of its namesake state.
6. The Zebra _______ of Tennessee is named for its large wings.
7. Hawaii's state butterfly is the tropical-sounding __________ .
1. This state butterfly of New York shares its name with a naval commander.
2. Arkansas' state butterfly is the Diana _________.
3. The California _______ is named for its canine-like appearance.
4. Maryland's symbol is the Baltimore _________.
5. Six states from Alabama to Idaho boast the regal ________ butterfly as their emblem.
6. Mississipi chose this flavorful-sounding swallowtail as its state butterfly.
7. The swallowtail representing Tennessee shares its name with a black-and-white striped equine.
8. The butterfly that symbolizes Delaware, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia is named after an orange jungle cat.
9. New Mexico's state butterfly is the _____ Hairstreak.
10. The Mourning _______ butterfly of Montana is named for its dark coloring.
The answers are beneath - no peeking!